Granite, Quartz and Marble Countertops
Your Project Start Here
Granite, Quartz and Marble Countertops are the best option to give your kitchens and bathrooms elegance, quality and durability. For this reason, firstly, we will talk about the pros and cons of each stone, and then, about of the prices.
The advantages of granites are the following:
- It is among countertops materials the most beautiful.
- Natural stone for those who want an ecological countertop.
- Excellent strength and durability with proper care.
- Resistant to scratches and damage caused by the heat of hot objects.
- Good stain resistance and easy to clean when properly sealed
Granite Countertop Disadvantages:
- Incorrect sealing or lack of granite sealing can cause staining of this porous stone.
- Badly sealed granite can also shelter bacteria
- There are around 20 varieties of granite of different colors, while other materials are available in more than 100 colors and designs.
- Corners may break if a heavy object falls on them
The advantages of Qartz are the following:
- Has excellent color, pattern, texture and finishing options.
- It is extremely durable
Quartz does not need to be sealed while natural stone does.
- It is not porous, so it is resistant to stains and bacteria.
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth (and mild cleanser, if necessary).
- The very hard surface is resistant to scratches.
- The resin creates flexibility, so countertops will not splinter as easily as granite, marble, tile or concrete.
Quartz Countertop Disadvantages:
- It is not as resistant to heat as granite.
- It does not look as natural as stone, as it is designed.
- Quartz countertops are among the most expensive, especially for the best quality and finish.
- Direct sunlight for a prolonged period of time will cause discoloration and may also cause deformations or cracks
The advantages of Marble are the following:
- Each marble countertop is unique in its class.
- Unrivaled beauty
- A rich spectrum of colors and veining.
- Several finishes of first quality that give the appearance you want.
- It adapts well to most design styles, from classic to modern.
- Offers exceptional durability when properly cared for.
Excellent resistance to heat.
Marble Countertop Disadvantages:
- Marble is porous and will stain unless properly sealed and conscientiously cleaned
- Must be resealed as often as once per year
- Scratches more easily than granite, especially in high-gloss finishes
- Can be chipped or cracked by heavy items
- Will etch if exposed to acidic materials such as tomato juice
- More expensive than most countertops
The price of your countertop depends on the following conditions:
- The material grade: Your options usually include these grades, and the price increases with each upgrade-discount / builder / premium / designer.
- The skill of the installer: Your options include DIY, handyman, vendor, licensed contractor and contractor supplied by a designer, and prices go up at each step.
- The complexity of the job: The greater the complexity of the design, the more seams and the harder the edge style is to produce, the higher the cost will be
- The cost of living in your area
Follow us on social media